Taste all kinds of Taiwanese signature dish in one single tour
Learn to eat like a local while listening to stories behind the food
Visit the most famous culinary neighborhood in Taipei
Taiwan is considered by many to be the heaven for gastronomes due to our creative and prolific ways to pleasure one’s palate. From local street food to luxurious delicacy, Taiwanese cuisine reflects the geographic location of our island as well as our tumultuous historic development - which has blossomed into an abundant and dynamic food culture after hundreds of years of development. Through our Food Tour, Like It Formosa takes you to the much celebrated Yongkang Street at Dongmen Station of Taipei, where guests will be shown a glimpse of the Taiwanese gourmet culture that locals take pride in. You are advised to come with an empty stomach, as it will be an afternoon that not only opens your eyes but also challenges your appetite!
Know Taiwan - the nation of street food and snacks - at the tip of your tongue: There is no better way to learn about a culture other than tasting it!
11:00AM Meet up with guide
Meeting point: Exit 1, MRT Dongmen Station
Our guide is recognized with a green and white paper fan saying "Like It Formosa".
1. Seasonal Fruits
Our Food Tour starts off at the hidden traditional market, where we introduce you to the tasty seasonal fruits of Taiwan, dubbed “Kingdom of Fruit”.
Often considered an extension from Chinese and Japanese culture, but Taiwanese dumplings have their own unique taste (and traditionally, along with the hot and sour soup).
3. Bubble Milk Tea
The most identified local pride when it comes to Taiwanese cuisine. Don’t miss your chance to have an authentic one here!
4. Flaky Scallion Pancake
Never miss out the both flaky and al-dente Taiwanese scallion pancake when at Yongkang Street. With our help, you will have special access to this popular snack spot without a queue!
5. Taiwanese Vermicelli
Another prominent street food for Taiwanese locals. The vermicelli is served with intestines and the optional coriander. Don't forget to add some black vinager in order to experience the soul of this authentic street food!
6. Beef Noodle
Now a famous dish for worldwide gourmets, Beef Noodle had a humble beginning that started from Post-World War 2 military family villages in Taiwan. Every year, Taipei city hosts a competition for residents to vote for the best Beef Noodle in the city!
7. Taro & Mango Shaved Ice
Last but not least, Our Food Tour takes you to one of the hidden gems of Yongkang Street for the glorious Taiwanese shaved ice. With the options of taro, mango or other season fruit, this taste will sure leave you a lasting impression of Taiwanese food!
2:00PM Tour ends
Regular tours suspended.
Book a private tour if you're interested!
Food Tour: 3 hrs
Food Tour+Taiwan Home Cooking Experience: 4 hrs
Food Tour: NT$1,100/person (10% discount for a group of 2 or more!)
Taiwan Home Cooking Experience: Extra NT$1,000/person
Taiwan Home Cooking Experience:
colorful bubble tea and sweet potato balls DIY
Extra NT$1,000 for an authentic dessert making class - fast-track, truly Taiwanese cultural experience! You will learn how to make bubble tea (with COLORFUL bubbles), a Taiwanese drink that has swept the world by storm! You will also learn how to make sweet potato balls, one of the most famous sweets served with milk or shaved ice.
2:00PM Bubble Tea Making
2:20PM Sweet Potato Balls Making
2:40PM Fruits and Bubble Tea Time
3:00PM Class ends
Small class (2-10 people)
Cozy, homy and fully equipped cooking studio
Hands-on bubble tea making (colorful bubbles!)
Hands-on sweet potato balls making
Recipe in English, Chinese & Japanese
Unique, fun, and memorable experience of everyday life in Taiwan
1. Online registration closes 12 hours before the tour starts (11:00PM on Monday, Wednesday and Friday). Travel insurance is included.
2. Please specify your dietary restriction upon registration. This tour is vegetarian and vegan friendly.
3. The guide is recognized with a green and white paper fan saying "Like It Formosa".
4. If less than 2 people register or if the Taipei City Government announces a day off because of natural disasters, the tour will be canceled and you will be notified via email one day in advance and receive a full refund.
5. In the event of emergency situations, please call the guide or message our Facebook Fanpage.
6. Anything not covered hereunder, the Organizer reserves the right of final modification.
1. Full refunds will be issued for cancelations made at least 7 days prior to the tour.
2. 50% refunds will be issued for cancelations made 1 - 6 days prior to the tour.
3. No refunds will be issued for cancelations made on the date of the tour.